- 1 12oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (Western Family are the best ;))
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- Line a 9×9″ casserole dish with wax paper or tinfoil. (optional but handy)
- Pour and scrape the sweetened condensed milk into a medium saucepan.
- Pour the chocolate chips in the same saucepan.
- Place on stove over Medium Low heat.
- Stir until everything is melted together.
- Pour chocolate mix into your 9×9″ casserole dish.
- Chill until the chocolate is solid.
- Remove from pan and wax paper and cut into 1 inch squares.
- For best results, store in a refrigerator and eat cooled.
Feel free to add your own ingredients such as:
- Peppermint extract
- Cherry Extract
- Marshmallows (be careful not to add and stir too soon as it will entirely mix in. A marble effect can be a lot of fun though)
My favorite variations are:
- Peppermint Fudge: Stir in 1 tsp. peppermint extract once your mix is melted. Then sprinkle some crushed candy canes on top after it’s in the casserole dish.
- Walnut Fudge: Stir in 1 cup of walnut once your mix is melted. Then sprinkle some crushed walnuts on top after it’s in the casserole dish.
- Mint Walnut Fudge: Stir in 1 cup of walnuts and 1 Tbsp. peppermint extract and once your mix is melted. Then sprinkle some crushed walnuts and crushed candy canes on top after it’s in the casserole dish.
- Nutless Crunch Fudge: For a yummy crunch without the nuts, stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips after your mix is melted and removed from the heat. The mix needs to be just cool enough to not melt the chips. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips after the mix is in the casserole dish.
- Cherry Fudge: Stir in 1 Tbsp. cherry extract once your mix is melted.
To add a marble look with some color
- Melt 1.5 cups of mini marshmallows in a separate bowl.
- Add a couple drops of food coloring (green for mint, red for cherry, etc.).
- Remove the fudge from heat.
- Stir the marshmallows into the fudge until they’re swirled throughout the mix. Pour quickly but be careful not to over-stir and lose the marshmallow swirl.